Jagannath P. Panda
Sino-India Relations, BRICS & Emerging Powers Dialogue, China-India Multilateral Politics, China and Multilateral Organizations
PhD, Centre for East Asian Studies, School of International Studies (SIS), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2006-07)
- BRICS, Emerging Powers and China-India Construct
- China’s Approach to Multilateral Organizations in Asia: The India Factor
Dr. Panda is a Research Fellow (since August 2010), working on different aspects of Sino-Indian relations. He is also affiliated to the Institute for Transnational Studies (ITS), Germany/Italy; and Institute for Security & Development Policy (ISDP), Stockholm, Sweden. Dr. Panda has received several international fellowships. He was Asia Guest Fellow at the ISDP (STINT Fellow, Sept.-Dec 2010), Stockholm, Sweden; Carole Weinstein Programme Visiting Faculty at the University of Richmond, Virginia, USA (Jan-May 2012), affiliated Visiting Scholar (2012) for the ACDIS of the University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign (USA), Visiting Professor at National Chung-Hsing University (NSC Fellow, May-August 2010) in Taichung (Taiwan); Institutional Fellow at Shanghai Institute of International Studies (SIIS) in Shanghai, China (May-July 2009).
Dr. Panda has traveled extensively across the USA, Europe and Asia for numerous bilateral dialogues, talks and seminars/conferences. He has been a member of IDSA delegation for TRACK-II dialogues with various Chinese, Japanese and Korean think-tanks/institutes. Dr. Panda has earlier worked with IDSA as Associate Fellow (September 2007-August 2010), and Research Assistant (October 2006-September 2007). Prior to this, Dr. Panda was Centrally Administered Fellow at the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India (Jan 2005-June 2006). He is a recipient of the V.K. Krishna Menon Memorial Gold medal (2000) from Indian Society of International Law & Diplomacy, New Delhi. He received academic excellence award (1999) from Ramjas College in Delhi University.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2013): “Competing Realities in China-India Multilateral Discourse: Asia’s Enduring Power Rivalry”, Journal of Contemporary China (Routledge).
- Jagannath P. Panda (2012): “Beijing’s Perspective on Expansion of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization: India, South Asia and the Spectrum of Opportunities in China’s Open Approach”, Asian Perspective (Lynne Rienner), vol.36, no. 3, July-September, pp.493-530.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2012): “A ‘BRICS’ Wall? The Complexity of China-India Multilateral Politics”, Indian Foreign Affairs Journal (MD Publications Pvt Ltd), A Quarterly of Association of Indian Diplomats, vol.7, no.2, April-June, pp.175-194.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2011): “Beijing’s Perspective on UN Security Council Reform: Identity, Activism and Strategy”, Portuguese Journal of International Affairs (Euro Press), no.5, spring/summer, pp. 24-36.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2010): “China in SAARC: Evaluating PRC’s Institutional Engagement and Regional Designs”, China Report (Sage), vol.46, no.3, August.
Chapters in Edited Volumes (Select)
- Jagannath P. Panda (2013): “Deliberating a “Cross-Regional” Perspective: China, India and the Emerging World Order”, in Victor F.S. Sit (ed.), China-India Cooperation Prospects, Enrich Professional Publishing: Singapore, pp.241-258.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2012): “BRICs, China and the emerging world order: is the PRC writing a new global script?”, in Jan Wouters, Tanguy de Wilde, Pierre Defraigne, and Jean-Christophe Defraigne (eds.) China, the European Union and Global Governance, Edward Elgar Publishing, Inc.: UK, pp.311-324.
Peer-Reviewed Institutional Papers/Monographs
- Jagannath P. Panda (2013): “BRICS, China’s Multilateral Drive and the China-India Construct”, IDSA Monograph (forthcoming).
- Jagannath P. Panda (2012): “Revisiting India’s Policy Priorities: Nonalignment 2.0 and Asian Matrix”, National Bureau of Asian Research (NBAR) Commentary, July 10, 2012, Seattle, USA.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2011): “China’s ‘New Multilateralism’ and the ‘Rise of BRICS’: Realist Interpretation of a Multipolar World Order, Asia Paper (ISDP, Stockholm), February.
- (Co-Edited) Ali Ahmed, Jagannath P. Panda and Prashant Kumar Singh (2012): Towards a New Asian Order, Shipra Publications: New Delhi, ISBN: 978-81-7541-615-4.
- Jagannath P. Panda (2010): China’s Path to Power: Party, Military and the Politics of State Transition, Pentagon Security International (Pentagon Press): New Delhi, ISBN 978-81-8274-482-0.