Counter-Proliferation, Missile Defence, Defence Industry
MPhil (Disarmament Studies), Jawaharlal Nehru University; Doctoral candidate, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
India and Counterproliferation
He was a journalist for over six years and worked with leading media houses including New Indian Express, Asianet, UNI and Vayu Aerospace and Defence Review. He was also editorial advisor of South Asia Monitor. Earlier, he worked with the Indian Pugwash Society for a DAE project on India's role in the emerging global nuclear order. He also received the 'Ministry of Defence Madras Medal 2001' for academic excellence during the MA programme in Defence and Strategic studies at the University of Madras. He has also practiced mass communications with some pioneering works in political public relations and audio-visual communications.
- “A Counterproliferation Strategy for India” in Arvind Gupta (ed.), India in a Changing Global Nuclear Order (Academic Foundation, New Delhi, 2009).
- “A Phased Approach to India’s Missile Defence Planning”, Strategic Analysis, IDSA-Routledge, Vol. 32(2), March 2008.
- "NPT Review Conference 2005: The Debate Within," in C Uday Bhaskar and C Raja Mohan (eds.), Emerging Nuclear Proliferation Challenges (Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi, April 2005).
- “Revisiting Nuclear Deterrence”, Mint (New Delhi), 11 September 2009.
- “Long-range plans that would go awry”, Indian Express (New Delhi), 21 June 2007.
- "The Indian Defence Industry: Insulation Gradually Melting," Air Power Journal (New Delhi), April-June 2006.
- "A Treaty at the Threshold," Hindustan Times (New Delhi), May 11, 2005.
- "When IAF Turns Industrial Entrepreneur - A Visit to 11 BRD," Vayu Aerospace Review (New Delhi), IV/2003.
- “Indo-US nuclear deal and India's Nuclear Deterrent”, Proliferation and Arms Control, May 2008.