Publication: Shipra Publications
ISBN : 978-81-7541-615-4
Price : Rs. 995 (HB) 
The volume contains contributions by leading Asian analysts and Asia watchers on the theme of prospects for Asian integration. It discusses regionalism at the continental level and investigates overarching trends. It focuses on Asia's 'rise' and the key factors shaping the Asian regional order. The volume also provides valuable perspectives on Asia's sub-regions. Another salient feature of this volume is its coverage of increasingly significant non-traditional issues in the Asian context.
Ali Ahmed is Research Fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi.
Dr Jagannath P. Panda is Research Fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi.
Dr Prashant K. Singh is Associate Fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi.
A New Asian Order for the Asian Century
Introduction: Super Asia
1. Patterns of Conflict and Stability in the Asian Region from a Long-term Perspective
----William R. Thompson
2. A Necessary Ghost Hunt? West European Integration in East Asian Regionalism Studies
3. Globalisation and the Rise of Asia: Regional Cooperation to Sustain Economic Stability in Asia
4. The Rise of China, the Rise of India, and the Changing Geopolitics of Asia: Contending Perspectives on India-China Relations
----Vincent Wei-cheng Wang
5. The United States, the Rise of China, and US-Indian Relations
----Robert J. Art
6. Challenges of Rising China: A New Cold War or Neo- Imperialism?
7. Realist and Pragmatic Elements in China’s Grand Strategy: Assessment of China’s Relations with Japan, Taiwan and India
8. Russia and Geopolitics of East Asia
9. Iranian-American Relations and the Future Security Architecture in Western Asia
10. Security for Western Asia: Building a Cooperation Framework among Turkey, Iran and the Arabs
11. The East Asia Summit and the Regional Security Architecture
----Joseph Chinyong Liow
12. Technology, Security and State Development in East Asia and India
----Tai Ming Cheung
13. Energy Security and Asian Regional Architecture
14. Towards an Architecture of a Global Disasters Management Regime: A Road Map
----Yaacov Y.I. Vertzberger
15. The Geopolitics of Himalayan-Tibetan Glacier Melt
----Syed Iqbal Hasnain
16. Himalayan Hydrology and Hydropolitics
----Uttam Kumar Sinha
17. US Policy towards South Asia
18. Indo-Pak Relations and the Balance of Emotions
19. How is India Managing its Asian Challenge?
An Indian View on a Changing Asia
Please email us at publication [at] idsa.in or call +91-11-2671 7983 (Ext. 7303)